Tuesday, September 7, 2010

what a weekend

My future husband is now 24, and for the next two weeks I will tease him relentlessly for being an old man while I enjoy what's left of my 23-year-oldness.

Labor Day weekend flew by in a stressful mess of family get-togethers, fattening meals, gift-giving, and a severe cold (for me). On the bright side:
  • we got our Very First Registry Gifts (cleverly disguised as birthday gifts) from my future in-laws: a power drill and a pair of nonstick Calphalon frying pans.
  • I discovered that hot green tea comforts a sore throat AND tastes delicious
  • scored some sweet deals on cute new fall clothes while shopping with my sister
I work a total of 23 hours this week, all jammed in to the only four business days (tues-fri) PLUS all my classes/readings/group project meetings/inevitable assignments. oh lord. Oh, and I'm going to go broke working at the IUB. They sell awesome sparkly Illini hoodies and hot pads shaped like pizza slices, among a thousand other awesome things. I'm boned.

I went to the main library to do some research this morning, for the FIRST TIME, if you can even believe it, and it was so much fun! If I had more time/more confidence with the bus schedule/fewer shows backed up on my dvr I'd go so much more often.