Thursday, September 9, 2010

frozen food forever

What we eat:

  • goldfish crackers, mostly pizza, sometimes cheddar
  • frozen pizzas with parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper
  • diet coke and coke zero
  • sandwiches (turkey or pb and j)
  • frozen meals (lean cuisine/smart ones/stouffers)
  • grilled cheese-filled bread objects (quesadillas and grilled cheese sammies)
And on the nights I've gotten fancy, it's been frozen ravioli with canned pasta sauce and frozen garlic bread; chicken tacos and guacamole; or hamburger helper.

I want to make better things, healthier things, and make them more frequently, but it isn't easy. My pantry isn't well stocked, so making anything means a trip to the store. We're not even together for dinner Monday-Wednesday. And frozen pizza? it tastes delicious. and it's fast.

So, I terribly need advice and recipes on how to make fun, delicious dinners. They don't have to be lightning fast; I like the sense of satisfaction that comes with putting effort into a meal that takes time and turns out yummy.

Other than that, the jobs are good, things are busy as hell, and life is fun! the weather is fantastic!