Friday, June 18, 2010

More of the same

Unfortunately we are back to square one with wedding photographers, as ours has cancelled on us. It's very disappointing. Keep your eyes peeled for good replacements.

Things have been pretty quiet around here, but they'll start to pick up soon. I was hired at Macy's as an on-call sales associate: the hours are erratic and the pay is low, but hey. It beats unemployment! Still looking for better positions at one of the University libraries or as a GA, but that's always been a long shot. Yesterday was 7.5 hours of training at Macy's, all of it in front of a computer screen - learning how to use the register and getting drilled on the company's customer service/safeness/diversity policies. It was agonizing, and it left me with a migraine so vicious that I actually threw up. Ugh. I'll have my second class meeting next Thursday night, and it's online, which will be a new experience. My other class won't start meeting until July 12th, but that's coming up fast, and it requires a beefy research paper that I have to start plotting now. Sheesh!

This weekend I'm sending Joe home for a visit and he's taking all of our laundry. I have to work at Macy's 11-8 on Saturday, so I can't go with. Bummer! I'll be so bored here! Just me and my Netflix, it looks like. Oh, if only Lego Harry Potter had already been released!!