I've been drinking a ton of water lately and it seriously makes me feel way, way, way better. I realized tonight when I reached for a pop to go with the fajitas I made (they were awesome) that I hadn't had one in 36 hours. That is kind of a 'thing' for me.
So: a healthy habit that isn't bs... does this mean exercise will actually make me feel stronger? and that eating fewer desserts and less ranch dressing will make me thinner? and that flossing will actually reduce cavities? I've tried for so long to believe these things are lies...
My classes for spring semester still have not started, but I can't wait for them to - I know that once I get the ball rolling on schoolwork and working at the office, the semester will be over lickety-split, and that means my wedding will be here! Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it, but the real reason I want time to fly is so that the damn thing will just be OVER. Honestly, I hate the whole process. Can't wait to BE married, can't stand GETTING married. Huge difference.
Today, as I made guacamole for my aforementioned dinner, I thought: this is some ugly stuff! But good! So here's how I make 'ugly guac' ---
- 1 avocado, smushed up with the back of a spoon in a deep-walled bowl (it's definitely crucial that the avocado is ripe, and determining that is the hardest part of making guacamole. Ripe avocados are soft, but not squishy, and they feel heavy for their size. They should yield to pressure without the skin puncturing and there shouldn't be any oozing bits or nastiness)
- a good amount (couple of tablespoons or so) of salsa (I had Pace medium and it did the trick)
- and a generous sprinkle of salt. Really, don't be shy - this is the key to deliciousness. Sprinkle it on and add more to taste.
- a tiny squeeze of lime would be nice too, if you have it, but DON'T overdo it, and it's not crucial
And don't try to get all fancy hacking into the pit with your new chef's knife - you'll just cut your hand, or worse, fail to get the pit out and look like the idiot you are. You're not on the food network here, a spoon pops that shit out just fine.
Anyway, mix the ingredients around and eat it. No need to chop and dice and agonize when the salsa company has done it for you!
