Wednesday, November 17, 2010

And this is all I'm going to say on this matter.

Fellow bookworms certainly understand my conundrum when it comes to the Kindle. They represent change, and new ideas, and when you get so much happiness from old ideas - books - why would you support it? Books, the kind you hold, are a really old thing, and they've been relatively unchanged: paper, glue, ink, pages. They're bulky and delicate and awesome.

I was going somewhere with this originally, but whatever. I think you can sense it, so why bother: I want a Kindle. I want it so bad. They're not very expensive, so if I don't get one for Christmas, I'm just going to buy one. I'd do it now if it weren't for this inconveniently-timed holiday. Hey! early Christian rulers! Scheduling this holiday over an existing pagan holiday (winter solstice) might have been convenient for you in trying to win the pagans over to Christianity (if by "win over" you mean "force submission"), but it's actually REALLY early in the winter and inconveniently timed for me... I'd have preferred it to be at the end of January. I think you owe me an apology.

So, friends and relations, even strangers, I'd love Amazon gift cards for Christmas, if you're feeling generous enough to give me a gift. Just saying. Also, just saying: 6" wi-fi graphite.